Z motor doing nothing at all

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
Magicmaker

Z motor doing nothing at all

Post by Magicmaker » Fri May 16, 2014 3:14 pm

Hi all,

I recently received replacement fans for the wrong 40mm that were sent out, and installed them promptly. I turned the machine on, all was great, the fans started as they should.

I started to test the motors, x works great, y works great, z works great, all in the right directions and everything.

I then was going to calibrate the z-stop bolt position. I brought the z axis up, and was getting close to level, when suddenly the platform dropped on its own and made quite the whirring noise. My understanding is that after 60 seconds it does this?

Anyways, now the Z does nothing. I try to jog it, and it doesn't even make a noise as if it's trying to move. Can't home it, or even move it a little. I unplugged everything, including USB, and tried replugging it back out and in again, but still nothing.

What killed my motor?!

jimc

Re: Z motor doing nothing at all

Post by jimc » Sat May 17, 2014 4:50 am

Well you really didnt kill your motor. That whine noise as it was dropping is normal if the nozzle hits the bed. It doesnt damage anything. I would go over your cables to make sure everything plugged in correct and tight. If nothing and no one else post up any ideas then contact makergear support.