Spares to UK.

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
rgproduct.com

Spares to UK.

Post by rgproduct.com » Tue May 27, 2014 7:26 pm

Hello,

Does MakerGear send spares to the UK, or have any UK based spares stock please?

Shipping, for small items, any idea on rough costs and any tax issues from US please?

I may need to buy some spares.

R

Toby

Re: Spares to UK.

Post by Toby » Tue May 27, 2014 7:47 pm

Since they ship printers world-wide, I'm sure they can ship parts to UK. In the US, shipping for me has always been immediate and arrives very quickly, but I can't say about the UK.

You can probably find what you're looking for on the makergear website, under the gear tab. They have extruders, nozzles, and other spare parts listed. Additionally, they have said they stock everything that the M2 is made of. Presumably if you go through the ordering process you can get a shipping quote, but again I haven't tried it outside the US.

I didn't mean to put you off contacting them directly. They are very friendly and helpful. If you know what parts you need and can't find it on the web site, just ask via the support email.

rgproduct.com

Post by rgproduct.com » Tue May 27, 2014 7:56 pm

Thanks Toby,

I did ask via support email, twice.

Don't MakerGear like the Brits?

R

rgproduct.com

Post by rgproduct.com » Tue May 27, 2014 8:02 pm

...I have done a dummy run on the order and the shipping for a small item is 48 dollars.

Ouch.

Is there any UK based parts supplier please?

R

Toby

Post by Toby » Tue May 27, 2014 8:19 pm

Sometimes their shipping quote is off. I got that $40+ quote on some small parts once. I think it was overnight express, though it didn't give me an option of 2-3 day.

Never heard of a UK distributor. Also never heard of any anti-brit sentiment. Did you remember to say please? ;)

Seriously, if you have an M2 printer and need spare parts, Makergear will surely sell them to you and give you an accurate quote on shipping. It's been a long holiday weekend here in the US, so maybe that explains the lack of response.

rgproduct.com

Post by rgproduct.com » Tue May 27, 2014 8:47 pm

TBH 30 GBP shipping from US to here not so bad, have emailed support and asked about the timescale for that and possible tax/customs costs.

Exciting to see if they get back to me!

See what happens.

R

Toby

Post by Toby » Tue May 27, 2014 9:04 pm

you could add little stuff to make it more worth while. like your M2 probably has the old kind of fans that die regularly. you could order the new ball bearing falls- 2 40mm and one 50mm- which are very cheap (i think about $3 -4 USD), but hard to find in the correct voltage otherwise.

oh wait... that assumes you have the new 24v single power supply M2. if it's the old kind with 2 power supplies, then that's another issue to consider: upgrading.

rgproduct.com

Post by rgproduct.com » Tue May 27, 2014 11:01 pm

Thanks Toby, I was having the same thought. I believe the machine was delivered last September so I assume it is new...?

I will have a proper look at it and no doubt ask you guys what to order.

I did a test order and each small item adds a few more dollars...

Still no answer from support. No idea why the radio silence.

hmm?

R

jimc

Post by jimc » Tue May 27, 2014 11:40 pm

silence would be from our 4 day holiday weekend. as with most of us here in the US, today would most likely be makergear's first day back to work so there would be 4 days of catch up that has to take place.

rgproduct.com

Post by rgproduct.com » Wed May 28, 2014 8:49 am

Ah!

Thanks for clarifying Jim. I was confused by it TBH...

R