Jammed M2 Nozzle

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
Cyber_Gram

Jammed M2 Nozzle

Post by Cyber_Gram » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:14 pm

Hello, I am having problems with a jammed nozzle on my M2. The jam is inside the heating area (Or whatever the area after the little "opening" is called). The filament will just be stopped dead (Tried feeding it by hand - still was stopped dead there..) once it reaches the begging of the heater area. There is a hole entire piece of filament in the heater area that is visible from the "opening". My question is: How do you removed the lodged piece of filament in the heater area? I tried removing the nozzle and I was not able to grab the filament.

Thanks for your help!

Jules

Re: Jammed M2 Nozzle

Post by Jules » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:04 pm

Keep in mind, there is always plastic showing in the "gap" if the filament has not been retracted completely. Heat it up (to the correct temp for the filament) and retract 100 mm.

Then get down at eye level and look at the gap. If it's now empty, the problem is not a jam, it is an incorrect Filament Drive Screw tension setting. Re-set that, using the guide below:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2694

If it still shows plastic in the gap, turn it off, unplug it and let it cool. Remove the fans so you can look into the drive gears to see if you have a wad of filament in there. Then remove the hot end using the guide below for cleaning or replacement. Do not try to take the nozzle off of the hot end while it is still in the machine. You can break it.

There's a How-To on disassembling the V4 here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2942