Simplify3D not opening or taking forever to open

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
helifrek

Simplify3D not opening or taking forever to open

Post by helifrek » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:08 am

Hello all,
Ever since the switch to windows 10 it seems like I have had nothing but trouble. I have been printing without any real issues for awhile. I printed constantly a couple of weeks ago without any issues and now all of the sudden S3D does not want to open, or if I wait 10-15 minutes it will finally open up but then it will not respond.... I installed mattercontrol a few days ago, finally used it and didn't really like it. I am wondering if that has anything to do with it. I uninstalled MC and S3D and reinstalled S3D and I am having the same issues. not sure what to do now! Any suggestions? I have been contemplating switching over to Linux because I am getting tired of windows and all the constant add-ons and bloatware that you cannot get rid of!

Thanks guys and gals. Hope to be back up and running soon.

PcS

Re: Simplify3D not opening or taking forever to open

Post by PcS » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:40 pm

Is your internet fast and stable right now ? I know painfully right now that att and t internet always stinks but is really bad when they have problems. There are a lot of problems across the united states right now with high speed internet. S3D has to authenticate when you open it so this might be causing it. You can open a cmd prompt and type "tracert http://www.google.com" hit enter and look for problems. You should see a result like this photo. good average times are 32ms.
Attachments
tracert.jpg

wmgeorge

Post by wmgeorge » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:44 pm

I don't think S3D needs internet after the first time running. I have my shop computer disconnected from the wireless to prevent all the Micro$oft or at least control when it updates.
I will never go to Windows 10 on either of my Win 7 computers, both run either my laser or 3D printer and I don't want issues.

I have a MacBook Pro that runs S3D, Autodesk Fusion 360, and the M2 just fine.
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R,CNC Router

helifrek

Post by helifrek » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:26 am

well, tonight it is running. Very slowly but running.... a command to the printer has a good 30 sec delay. I leave for a long overseas trip real soon so I guess I will have to figure it out when I return, I put Linux on a thumb drive and am going to try it out while I am away on my laptop, I might just make the switch with all the issues with windows I have been having!