Connection Timeout

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
MacAttack001

Connection Timeout

Post by MacAttack001 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:37 pm

Hello,

So I am having a bit of trouble. Just got my MakerGear M2 Rev. E yesterday went through the initial setup, leveling the bed, etc.. I got to the point where it starts the tinything.g print and just about a minute in I get a connection timeout and the print stops and it starts to cool down.

The filament is feeding fine.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Jules

Re: Connection Timeout

Post by Jules » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:33 pm

Are you using a Mac or a PC with USB connection? (Might try using the SD card.....I'm not familiar with Macs and how they work with the machine. Sounds like a connection problem, or maybe the computer doesn't have enough juice to run the program.) :(

jsc

Post by jsc » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:22 pm

If you're running Windows 10, it appears to have driver issues: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3254

Try an SD card print to test if it works any better. Try installing this driver to see if it works any better: http://reprap.org/wiki/Rambo#USB_Driver

Josh
Site Admin

Post by Josh » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:31 am

Please try with the latest version of the app from here (labeled "experimental", but quite stable in all of my testing thus far): http://www.makergear.com/pages/quickstart-app .

When you were trying that print, did you have the bed and hotend already heated up from the previous steps?

MacAttack001

Post by MacAttack001 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:03 am

Sorry about the lag in responding I have been swamped.

I am using a PC with Windows 10, print from the SD card. When running Simplify 3D there are no time out issues.

I was trying to get the bed and hotend heated up when the connection time out occurred. When trying to level the bed had to go quickly between steps or connection time out would take place.

Will give the experimental app a shot.