Prints shifting during print

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
Spencer

Prints shifting during print

Post by Spencer » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:29 pm

There's a similar post recently about the same issue I have, but the difference is that my prints don't have any adhesion issues. They are sticking perfectly fine to the plate but I still get this..

http://imgur.com/UANAwXm

It's supposed to be one straight column up.. but it keeps shifting though out different and multiple prints.

Any ideas on what it could be? I haven't changed anything at all.. it just started happening to the same prints I've usually been printing.

Spotopolis

Re: Prints shifting during print

Post by Spotopolis » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:53 pm

A couple of things come to mind: if you are using Simplify3D, its default setting for the "X/Y Axis Movement Speed" in the "Other" tab is set to 18,000 mm/min which is too high and can cause it to skip a tooth. I set mine to 9,000 and my skipping went away.

Another issue could be the belt is loose or is missing a tooth or two. Do you keep the linear rails lubed? Maybe those are getting sticky.

Let us know what you find.

Spencer

Post by Spencer » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:00 pm

Hmm it could be a belt or living the rails. I need to find my manual to see the proper way to lube them. Is there a link to the guide that you know of?

Spotopolis

Post by Spotopolis » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:10 pm

This pretty well covers how and when to lubricate: http://makergear.wikidot.com/m2-lubrication

Spencer

Post by Spencer » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:21 pm

Ah perfect, I just found my manual and I was going to ask which type of oil but your link says which kind. I guess it has been about 200 print hours since I got the thing. Thanks a lot, I appreciate the help!

Spotopolis

Post by Spotopolis » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:48 am

I am always happy when I can contribute given all the knowledge that I've gained here!