Print stops (incomplete) after 20+ hrs...need help

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
scampa123

Re: Print stops (incomplete) after 20+ hrs...need help

Post by scampa123 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:05 pm

It was still showing commands...So from it's perspective, it was still connected to the M2 and the M2 was still showing commands....

Jules

Post by Jules » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:04 pm

Next time it happens, copy the final commands and post them here so the guys can take a look. Just leave S3D open on the Communications tab while the print is running over USB.
(Make sure you have Verbose checked in order to see them all.)
CP.jpg

scampa123

Post by scampa123 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:28 pm

Jules wrote:Next time it happens, copy the final commands and post them here so the guys can take a look. Just leave S3D open on the Communications tab while the print is running over USB.
(Make sure you have Verbose checked in order to see them all.)
CP.jpg
Thanks, I do have verbose checked, however it seems these message run off..I'm not sure how long the buffer is for these...

Are the messages written anywhere? I did not see any logs in the S3D folder...

Thanks!!

Jules

Post by Jules » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:36 pm

You should be able to capture the last ones if it craters on you again. (No idea on the logs question either.)

scampa123

Post by scampa123 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:12 pm

Okay just happened again....

temp in enclosure 94. 3 deg

I attached a txt file (zipped) with the output from the screen...not sure it sheds light on anything! (I hope it does!)

Right now, I'm still thinking its heat...
Attachments
m2-stops.zip
(2.68 KiB) Downloaded 316 times

Jules

Post by Jules » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:31 pm

Well, the extent of my knowledge of that M105 command is it's a kind of check for temperature, runs constantly, and when you see it like that with nothing else it means the connection was dropped. (Which is kind of evident, so no help there.)

Maybe one of the guys will have an idea what it means, but I tend to agree with your guess that the electronics are just getting too hot inside that enclosure.

scampa123

Post by scampa123 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:04 pm

90s seems awfully hot...could a sensor be off? I mean is the printer generating more heat than expected?

Jules

Post by Jules » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:30 pm

What kind of lighting do you have in the cabinet? You're running the bed at 60°C+ and the nozzle at 215°C+, and lights? (are they LED?) at whatever....there's no place for the heat to go in a tightly closed cabinet, so maybe it's building up in there, and basically becoming an oven. (Remember the Easy Bake Ovens? They baked a cake with a light bulb.)

Is it really warm in there when you open the door? :?

If the readings are correct, you might be cooking the electronics, so I'd suggest either taking it out of the cabinet, or at least leave the door open while you are printing to see if it keeps the heat build-up from getting so bad. (And try putting a separate thermometer in there to get an independent reading on the temp.) :(

jimc

Post by jimc » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:30 pm

90 what? C or F?

scampa123

Post by scampa123 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:01 am

Jules wrote:What kind of lighting do you have in the cabinet? You're running the bed at 60°C+ and the nozzle at 215°C+, and lights? (are they LED?) at whatever....there's no place for the heat to go in a tightly closed cabinet, so maybe it's building up in there, and basically becoming an oven. (Remember the Easy Bake Ovens? They baked a cake with a light bulb.)

Is it really warm in there when you open the door? :?

If the readings are correct, you might be cooking the electronics, so I'd suggest either taking it out of the cabinet, or at least leave the door open while you are printing to see if it keeps the heat build-up from getting so bad. (And try putting a separate thermometer in there to get an independent reading on the temp.) :(

No lights are turned on...but if they were they'd be leds...

Yes if I keep the doors open the heat does not get as high