makergear m2 extruder too low

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
jobim330

makergear m2 extruder too low

Post by jobim330 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:45 am

Hello guys
i just got the m2 and i'm doing the quick start app
but the extruder is on the plate and so it scratched the tape that's on the bed
and then i print
the extruder is just hitting the side of the plate because it's too low so i just turned off the power!
please help!
thanks!

Jules

Re: makergear m2 extruder too low

Post by Jules » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:53 am

There are actually two processes in the Quick Start Application:

The first "calibration" that you perform when you run through the App sets the "Starting Height" for the bed, which creates the correct gap between the bed and the nozzle. You perform that setting in the center of the bed.

After you set the Starting Height, the app takes you immediately into the "Leveling" process, which makes you go through the "calibration" four more times at the corners of the bed. (That is the place where you make adjustments with the hex wrench if necessary.) It is very important to make sure that the metal plate is balanced evenly on top of the 4 small screws underneath for the leveling process.

So you should, if every thing goes correctly, have to go through five total "calibrations" to set the Starting Height and Level the plate before the results are saved to the firmware in the QuickStart Application.

If you just do the first one for the Starting Height and then try to print, the results of that are not saved. That is a condition of the QuickStart Application, and there is no way around it. You have to do both processes to save the results to the firmware.

You probably need to re-run through the QuickStart app, do not try to print something until after you have completed the Level process as well (five total calibrations) and then it should save the correct values into the firmware so that the nozzle does not hit the plate.

If you want to JUST reset the Starting Height, without having to go through the whole leveling process again, you want to use the Z-Adjust App at the link below:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3666

That one will save the correct "Starting Height" results to the firmware without going through Leveling.

jobim330

Post by jobim330 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:49 pm

thanks
i'll try that..
btw here is the video of what happens then i try the first step of calibration..
https://goo.gl/photos/UwX8GKokLHxrDXoD9

jobim330

Post by jobim330 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:37 pm

fixed!
thank you daivd from makergear!
=)

here is what he told me to do and it worked!

Thanks for the video. I looks like the Z-offset value is set too high. I will include some directions for resetting the Z-offset value then please go through the beta version of the new Quick Start app again to set the starting Z-height.

To change the Z-offset go to the advanced tab in the app and open the communication window by selecting "G-Code...". In the bottom field, send this command without the quotation marks "M206 Z9" to change the offset. Then send "M500" to save the value to your printer.

You can double check it by sending a "M503" command. A block of information should pop up and the offsets are listed next to M206 near the bottom.

Please let me know if that helps.

David,
MakerGear Support