HBP cable burnt off

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
DrRobot

HBP cable burnt off

Post by DrRobot » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:50 am

After a 7 hours ABS printing when the bed was set at 105C, the wire connected to HBP burnt off on my printer. I already ordered a replacement HBP, but I am wondering what could be the possible cause of this and how can I prevent this in the future? Does anyone here have similar experience? The printer is about 1 year old. Thanks for any advice.
Attachments
20160727_210347.jpg

insta

Re: HBP cable burnt off

Post by insta » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:32 am

Did you have your wires supported? The new M2 has a special bracket that prevents flexing of the wires. The older models we just zip-tie the wiring harness to one of the legs of the spider.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

DrRobot

Post by DrRobot » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:43 am

insta wrote:Did you have your wires supported? The new M2 has a special bracket that prevents flexing of the wires. The older models we just zip-tie the wiring harness to one of the legs of the spider.
I don't think so, it's not even zip-tied to the spider. The cable is wrapped by wire sleeve and the wire sleeve is zip-tied to the Y motor.

DrRobot

Post by DrRobot » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:58 pm

I looked into some old posts and noticed this is a known issue. The problem is solved now after I contacted customer support. Again, Makergear customer support is the best.