Steps in print

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
Nofear202

Steps in print

Post by Nofear202 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:46 pm

Some how I got 2 steps on the bottom of my print. On the top print there's no steps at all. Nothing got hung up as I was watching it for the first 6 hours. Why is it doing this?

Thanks
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Jules

Re: Steps in print

Post by Jules » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:51 am

At a guess? Something probably either warped up and hit the nozzle, knocking it out of alignment, or if you have a dual, it might have been something hanging off of the cold (dual) nozzle that hit the print. (A drip of cold hardened plastic from a prior print that wasn't cleaned off maybe?)

Once you see that it gets knocked out of alignment though, you can stop the print and save yourself some time and filament.

There's something odd-looking here, but i can't really tell what it is:
print.jpg
On the Preview pane, after slicing, you can move the slider and see how the print is going to proceed, from Layer 1 all the way up to the top. That's usually a good thing to do before each print. Sometimes S3D has hidden prints that you did not delete from prior jobs, but that don't show up on the screen because they are not checked. (Even if they are unchecked, those are going to get incorporated into the print. That little triangle looks like it might be a leftover from the skull.)