Feeder seems out of alignment with hotend tube

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
jongluck

Feeder seems out of alignment with hotend tube

Post by jongluck » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:25 pm

I've noticed recently that I have to be very careful feeding my filament into my M2 as the feed nozzle (directly below the feeder gear) seems to feed slightly to the right of the hotend tube. Not certain what this might be indicative of... anyone have any suggestions?

insta

Re: Feeder seems out of alignment with hotend tube

Post by insta » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:09 pm

Do you have a metal or plastic motor mount?

On the plastic ones, you can loosen the screws that clamp it shut and just rotate the motor slightly. I think the metal ones need a replacement gearbox.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

ksevcik

Re: Feeder seems out of alignment with hotend tube

Post by ksevcik » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:52 am

Did the filament previously line up and had stopped lining up? If so, your filament drive is wearing out. You can fudge it by turning the motor inside a plastic mount as insta said.

Or if you have a metal motor mount, loosen the screws that hold the motor to the motor mount and twist the motor. If that's not enough, loosen the screws that hold the filament drive to the motor and twist the filament drive. If that's not enough, then remove the filament drive, loosen the four tiny black screws in the face of the gear box, then twist the face of the gear box. Then put the filament drive back on and twist that. If all of that isn't enough, them you may need a new gear box.