Could you tell me where this part goes?

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
Lennie1972

Could you tell me where this part goes?

Post by Lennie1972 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:15 pm

This part was at the bottom of my box when I got my M2. Could you tell me where it goes?
Attachments
IMG_4312.JPG

insta

Re: Could you tell me where this part goes?

Post by insta » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:42 pm

That's the dielectric confrapinator. It snaps around the end of the USB cable that plugs into the RAMBo.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

Hugs

Post by Hugs » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:17 pm

Lennie1972 wrote:This part was at the bottom of my box when I got my M2. Could you tell me where it goes?
I know insta is joking about the name but it's called a ferrite bead/choke and it snaps on the USB cable.
insta wrote:That's the dielectric confrapinator
Lol! I keep mine next to the blinker fluid for my truck.

Lennie1972

Post by Lennie1972 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:40 pm

Lol Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

sprior

Post by sprior » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:08 pm

Is that REALLY a ferrite bead/choke, or is it one of those anti-theft pieces that are meant to look like ferrite chokes that power tool companies have been putting on the power cords of their tools? Not sure why one would end up in an M2 box though.

insta

Post by insta » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:15 am

sprior wrote:Is that REALLY a ferrite bead/choke, or is it one of those anti-theft pieces that are meant to look like ferrite chokes that power tool companies have been putting on the power cords of their tools? Not sure why one would end up in an M2 box though.
It's definitely a ferrite bead from the USB cable.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

innkeeper

Post by innkeeper » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:20 am

looks like the plastic hinge has broken and probably why it fell off and was at the bottom of the box.
those two pieces are supposed to be connected together so it hinges closed and snaps together...

What it does is reduce the amount of unwanted noise from traversing over the usb cable.
This noise it reduces can cause all kinds of issues on a usb cable, the most common is the data not being read correctly by both the pc and the printer.

It is one of those things that you might not actually need / can get away without using, but, are better off using.
There is certainly no harm in using one.

I suppose you could tie wrap it on, Also, I think radio shack sells them for 3 bucks. I'd bet MG would just send you one if you contact them.
M2 - MKS SBase w Smoothieware, GLCD, 24v, Upg Z & extruder stepper - IR bed leveling, Astrosyn dampers X/Y/Z, MIC 6, Zebra, PEI, & glass Build Plates - E3D, V3B Hotends, & more - many other 3d printers - production printing.

Lennie1972

Post by Lennie1972 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:24 am

I've been out of commission for a bit. Thank you for your help with the piece. I have it up and running