Extruder motor Base - broken

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
Pekish79

Extruder motor Base - broken

Post by Pekish79 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:04 pm

I do use my M2 a lot but maybe i do something too forcefully any idea what can i have done to break this in more or less 1 year it seem pretty sturdy and it just pull a little string of pla

^_^ i am ordering a new one but let me know if you can guess what i did wrong to break it so quickly

sthone

Re: Extruder motor Base - broken

Post by sthone » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:55 pm

I vaguely recall Makergear getting a bad batch of motors one time... maybe it was one of them.

Drop MG support a line and see what they say.

Pekish79

Post by Pekish79 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:01 pm

oh it would be nice if is not my fault because i really not sure what i did wrong

I admit I use a lot of wood pla and it get clogged more often the other material i probably clogged a 15/20 times since i got it and that may have stressed it but the pla itself is pretty soft so it should eat it and just rotate freely

i will drop them a line is really not the 30$ (company pay anyway) i was more worry about me abusing it somehow

ksevcik

Post by ksevcik » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:32 pm

That looks like a fatigue failure, though it's hard to say without a high-res closeup of either side of the shaft. Given that it's on the output of the stepper and input of the gearbox, it'd have to be something wrong with that interface, not something you did jamming the stepper. It'd have to be a misalignment in the assembly putting too much sideways load on the stepper shaft.

Pekish79

Post by Pekish79 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:40 am

^_^ the refunded my Extruder as it seem it was one of those bad batch of extruder ^_^

I appreciate that now it prints better then before i guess the "half broken' before was affecting quality too a little