Printer is printing off bed

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
kingstonsteele

Printer is printing off bed

Post by kingstonsteele » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:19 pm

Hello, I have used my printer a handful of times and I hadn't had any issues yet but now every time I go to print, the printer prints off the bed. In other words it prints about an inch above where the bed is. I have ran the bed leveling tool in Simplify3D and the nozzle does go to the right height above the bed (paper distance) but when it comes time to print, it's printing in the air.

Thoughts?

sthone

Re: Printer is printing off bed

Post by sthone » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:15 pm

Is it doing it for every print (separate files) or only one thing your trying to print?

Sound almost like it's not reading the z-offset that should be entered during the leveling process. Maybe there's something going on with the program. You can try the stand alone z-height program. (Original Beta Link I'm not sure if there is a newer version though this is an old link I have.)

Larry

Re: Printer is printing off bed

Post by Larry » Thu May 04, 2017 7:42 am

(Rather than creating a new thread, this issue is similar one to I'm recently experiencing, so I thought I would follow on here).

I too have used my (Rev E) machine for a couple of months now without issue. Over the past few weeks however, I note that the machine will on occasion begin to prime the filament as well as then attempt printing a couple of millimeters above the bed. (Distance appears to always be the same for failed starts. Happens with multiple files). At first I would just either recycle power to the machine and/or restart Simplify 3D (which I use connected) and things would be fine. Over the past week however this behavior has become more frequent .. I may have to restart a print a few times before it will zero to the bed successfully.

I'd appreciate if anyone might be able to point me in a good direction towards things I might look in to.

Thanks,
Larry