Print stopping part way thourgh.... PLEASE HELP!!

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
woodworker2001

Print stopping part way thourgh.... PLEASE HELP!!

Post by woodworker2001 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:52 pm

Alright I need some help here. I am trying to print 24 nose cones for rockets. I have made 4 failed attempts at this print job. I brought one model into Simplify 3D and duplicated it 24 times. Then I center and arranged it and set my settings. I then saved the tool path to the SD card and put it into my M2 LCD display and told it to print. Everything appeared to be going fine all three times, but every time the printer has stop part way through the print. I at first thought it was a bad file because the first three attempts stopped at the same location. So I created a new file printing just a single nose cone and it worked all the way through. I then tried fast quality settings and a single nose cone and it also printed all the way through. So I thought I had it and attempted with a new file to print all 24. I came in today excited to see success and what did I find? Another disappointing failure. more wasted material and more days without the nose cones another teacher needs for their project. I am lost on what I could be doing wrong. It made it further into this print job, but still only a little over half way.

The red is a sample of the first three attempts and the black is my last attempt. I added support to get the bottom to come out better.

I am not sure how to upload files so I am going to try to link a google drive folder here for you to be able to access the files to look at. PLEASE HELP

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

woodworker2001

Re: Print stopping part way thourgh.... PLEASE HELP!!

Post by woodworker2001 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:31 pm

Ok... so it must be that the red file was corrupt and then the black file I found after posting this that the filiment broke part way through the job due to be wrapped under itself. :oops: :oops:

The file printed successfully for me this last time. It took me 120 nose cones to get 24 good ones, but think we finally figured out that it was just a bad file....

jsc

Re: Print stopping part way thourgh.... PLEASE HELP!!

Post by jsc » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:43 pm

Glad you figured it out. Speaking of nose cones, I made an OpenSCAD script to generate Haack series nose cones, you might be interested: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:804129