echo: cold extrusion

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
zzrufus1

echo: cold extrusion

Post by zzrufus1 » Tue May 23, 2017 2:03 pm

MY Maker Gear M2 single head, heated bed printer with most recent software keeps stopping early in the print. We bought the printer Sept. 28th 2016, and it has been working great. No issues... Until now. When I run a print, sliced on Sli3r, I am getting cold extrusion prevented errors. The pronterface software is indicating that the nozzle temp is fluctuating. It will be at normal temp, then drop dramatically (I've seen it drop as low as 105) then bounce back up to 220. If I click set temp every time I see the temp drop, the print will keep going, but if I don't stand there a set temp every time it drops, eventually the print stops with the error message "re set temp and use M999 to re start when temp is re set. I can't get through any prints using the proterface connection, or printing it from the SD card. Is there a new firmware version out? Can I re-set the printer? How can I re-load the current firmware to "Re-Boot ' the printer?

insta

Re: echo: cold extrusion

Post by insta » Tue May 23, 2017 5:35 pm

This is a loose / broken thermistor. It is a relatively common problem and is easily fixed with a new thermistor. Skip straight to that step :)
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

zzrufus1

Post by zzrufus1 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:38 pm

insta wrote:This is a loose / broken thermistor. It is a relatively common problem and is easily fixed with a new thermistor. Skip straight to that step :)
Where do I get a new thermistor? Is this under warranty?

insta

Post by insta » Tue May 23, 2017 5:44 pm

That should be under warranty -- email support @ makergear.com.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

zzrufus1

Post by zzrufus1 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:51 pm

Thank you!