Project stopped when the part is 60% finished

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
Steve Zhang

Project stopped when the part is 60% finished

Post by Steve Zhang » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:11 pm

I was printing a part using M2 printer. However the project stopped when the part is about 60% finished, and the Simply 3D software show the project is finished. The height is only 14mm when finished while the part should be 24mm height.
Would you guys advise what might went wrong. Is it about any settings? Or is it about the hardware?

Thanks.

sthone

Re: Project stopped when the part is 60% finished

Post by sthone » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:23 pm

Where you watching it when it stopped or did you come back after it was finished and it just didn't print everything?

If you didn't have the "Stop printing height" checked and set in the Advanced Tab. I would check to see if you maybe had a clog or something like a filament tangle that would have kept it from printing. If it clogged or had a stoppage and it goes unchecked the printer will continue on like it's printing until it runs the entire g-code unless you stop it.

If this happens to me I usually heat the nozzle back up and try to manually extrude some filament (using the buttons) to see if it's a clog or some other stoppage.

Another good thing to get in the habit of doing is using to preview the g-code using the slider at the bottom before sending it to the printer so you can see if anything is off.