How to print the part with higher revolution and better path

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
Steve Zhang

How to print the part with higher revolution and better path

Post by Steve Zhang » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:31 pm

When I was trying to print some parts, the printer sometimes goes with weird path. It sometimes print with less material and fewer lines on a layer. How can I set the software to let it print with higher density and better path?

Bratag

Re: How to print the part with higher revolution and better

Post by Bratag » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:57 pm

Steve Zhang wrote:When I was trying to print some parts, the printer sometimes goes with weird path. It sometimes print with less material and fewer lines on a layer. How can I set the software to let it print with higher density and better path?
Steve, could you provide a little more detail. When you say less material and fewer lines, do you mean that the number of outer perimeters is less than you have set in the slicer? If you could provide a screenshot of the preview that would really help.

That being said as a rule when less lines are used its because the part itself has a section that is not able to be easily divided into the width of the nozzles line width, when that happens the slicer does its best to work around the issue and this sometimes results in a thinner than expected area. The solution is either to make sure your models have sections that can be sliced without the need to thin the part or use a smaller nozzle and line width so that the area can be printed using multiple passes.