Hotend Cooling Down During Print

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
CCRN

Hotend Cooling Down During Print

Post by CCRN » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:14 pm

Hello,

Last night my M2 left hot end starting to show a symptom of cooling off a few minutes after the print started. I figured it was the thermistor, but changing it did not help. I tried a completely different hot end and it still has this issue. What is odd is that once I stop the print, the hot end heats back up.

I was plugged into a UPS so I moved the plug directly to a wall outlet. This did not help. I reseated the power cable to the Rambo and did not help.

Wondering if maybe my Rambo or my power supply aren't the culprit. Has anyone had this issue and what was the cause?

Thanks,
Jerold

Screen Shot 2017-08-13 at 2.06.52 PM.png

insta

Re: Hotend Cooling Down During Print

Post by insta » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:28 pm

Stock cooling fan?

This sounds like a loose/broken wire in the harness itself. If so, that sucks, because you have to replace the harness. MakerGear will usually send replacements, but there's still the labor to do it.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

zemlin

Post by zemlin » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:23 pm

I had to replace my harness recently. On the new one I stuffed 4 strands of PETG filament in an effort to increase the bend radius of the harness ... fwiw. Seems to have helped to spread out the flex point.

steve220

Post by steve220 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:40 am

Had to replace mine recently too. Zemlin, that's a great tip!

zemlin

Post by zemlin » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:10 pm

zemlin wrote:I had to replace my harness recently. On the new one I stuffed 4 strands of PETG filament in an effort to increase the bend radius of the harness ... fwiw. Seems to have helped to spread out the flex point.
This ended up being a bad idea. The PETG strands broke at the flex point and made the situation worse rather than better.