Uneven bed and quick start app issue

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
Kurz009

Uneven bed and quick start app issue

Post by Kurz009 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:16 am

Hi all,

I tried re-leveling my bed today and noticed that I did not have the hex wrench steps show up during leveling procedure in Quick Start App V1.2.1 Beta. After leveling, I tried printing some flat squares (1 center and 1 near each corner) and noticed that my left side shows under extrusion issues while the right side looks fine. I figured it was a leveling issue so I tried the older version of the Quick Start App I had previously used (V1.1.8 Beta) that had given me the hex wrench steps the two previous times. This time the older Quick Start App also skipped those steps (it ends after the second time of setting initial Z-height). I tried printing again and same issues. I have fiddled around with the settings a bit (first layer width % and height), but the left side is still problematic. Should I just adjust the screws on the left side without the app? Is this because of the glass has changed in properties, if so should I be looking to get a MIC 6 plate? Previously, leveling gave me even results throughout the plate.

Gwhite

Re: Uneven bed and quick start app issue

Post by Gwhite » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:09 pm

It's pretty tiny, but one thing I've found is that the glass (at least w/ polyimide) can be wedge shaped. I have two plates, and they are not perfectly even thickness. If you level, you need to note the orientation of the bed glass & always re-install it the same way. In both cases, the error is small enough that it wouldn't matter much if you are printing 0.2 mm layers. If you are trying to go finer, it could make a difference.