Y-Axis Getting "Stuck"

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
MHovestadt

Y-Axis Getting "Stuck"

Post by MHovestadt » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:06 am

Here's my problem.

I have three M2's in the same room, right next to each other. I'm having an issue with one of them when printing any file the y-axis gets stuck while trying to move back. It stutters a little bit like it's hit a limit but does not continue past halfway (moving the bed from back to front).

I can jog the y-axis no problem manually and in the software, but when running any file (I've tried multiple), it stutters at a little past halfway on the y and continues printing.

How can I fix this?

jk42

Re: Y-Axis Getting "Stuck"

Post by jk42 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:24 pm

Thank you for also opening a support ticket.
For others that are on the forum, I would suggest starting by making sure that nothing is impeding the Y axis.
I would also examine the belts making sure that there are no missing teeth or that they are properly tensioned.
Of course, we welcome any of our customers to share their ideas as well!
~Jason from MakerGear

MHovestadt

Re: Y-Axis Getting "Stuck"

Post by MHovestadt » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:35 pm

jk42 wrote:Thank you for also opening a support ticket.
For others that are on the forum, I would suggest starting by making sure that nothing is impeding the Y axis.
I would also examine the belts making sure that there are no missing teeth or that they are properly tensioned.
Of course, we welcome any of our customers to share their ideas as well!

I checked and there is nothing impeding the y-axis. The belts all appear to be in good condition, it doesn't look like there are any teeth missing and it seems properly tensioned. Like I mentioned, I am able to jog by pushing the bed manually back and forth as well as using the software to jog.