M2 rev.E - black z motor leadscrew pitch?

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
SIERRA086

Re: M2 rev.E - black z motor leadscrew pitch?

Post by SIERRA086 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:48 am

Hey thanks for that great idea. I actually had a noctua fan that was the exact right size for the psu laying around. I just put it in and the psu is at least 1000 times less noisy than it used to be. Awesome!

edit: ill upload the z spring when I upload the parts for adapting to the duet

makeal

Post by makeal » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:32 pm

SIERRA086 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:48 am
Hey thanks for that great idea. I actually had a noctua fan that was the exact right size for the psu laying around. I just put it in and the psu is at least 1000 times less noisy than it used to be. Awesome!

edit: ill upload the z spring when I upload the parts for adapting to the duet
very nice. Yep it makes a big difference.

spmahoney78

Post by spmahoney78 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:10 pm

Thank you for posting this information guys, I'm really interested in the Duet 2 for my M2 rev D with 24v and V4 because I want wireless connection without setting up pi. and I'd really like the new drivers with all of those benefits. I'm looking for a little more comprehensive build log to give me the confidence that I could do the upgrade without having the printer out of commission for months. The firmware was my biggest concern but I feel better knowing that someone has already sorted that out for the most part.

Thanks for your knowledge contributions.

airscapes

Post by airscapes » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:52 pm

SIERRA086 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:16 pm
I bet you are exactly right, just for the heck of it I’ll adjust the steps per mm slightly to align with that value and give it a try to see what happens. Thanks for the reply Ed, good to see you are still around the forum here.
Real old post but doing this myself and not finding the pitch of the lead screw.
Wiki says
four start 8mm pitch leadscrew with a metric trapezoidal thread. Four start means that there are four individual threads along the length of the leadscrew; 8mm pitch means that the center to center distance of the thread is 8mm but that is not apparently the same as what they are asking for.
A google of "For start 8mm pitch leadscrew" comes back with a T8 with a pitch of 2mm and lead of 8mm
So really confused as to which to use.. 2mm or the above data of 3.1750 mm for a 1/8"??
M2 RevE 2018 purchase
Thanks to anyone who can answer this one.
Doug

ednisley

Post by ednisley » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:41 pm

airscapes wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:52 pm
T8 with a pitch of 2mm and lead of 8mm
The number you want is "how far does one rotation of the leadscrew move the Z axis", which is the thread's "lead": 8 mm.

Wikipedia is your copilot:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screw_thr ... and_starts

Use a Sharpie to confirm the diagnosis:

That's in a CNC router with a two-start leadscrew and a 2 mm pitch → 4 mm lead: one turn moves the follower nut 4 mm.

https://softsolder.com/2019/08/22/cnc-3 ... iguration/