OctoPrint Starting Height Adjustment Problem

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
GBuchwitz

OctoPrint Starting Height Adjustment Problem

Post by GBuchwitz » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:05 am

Hi. While my M3-SE’s clogged nozzle soaks in acetone (is there a better solvent for PETG?) I installed a new, backup hot end and nozzle to get going again.

After extruding/wiping some PLA (good flow) OctoPrint’s Starting Height Setup process raises the print bed until it’s pressing up against the glass so tightly that no extrusion occurs during the zigzag pattern.

I assumed this is because the starting (table) height is set too high, but when I click the corresponding adjustment button, my M3 seems to repeat exactly what it did before - raising the glass until it contacts the nozzle so no extrusion can occur during the zigzag pattern. Under “Advanced” options I tried the medium and high adjustments. No height adjustment seems to be occurring.

Though it seems contrary to OctoPrint’s instructions, I tried clicking the “Starting height is too low” option, but that didn’t increase the nozzle-to-glass clearance either.

Am I missing something?

I’d appreciate some help figuring out what I’m doing wrong. Thanks! - Guy

airscapes

Re: OctoPrint Starting Height Adjustment Problem

Post by airscapes » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:16 am

Can't help with the M3, but I would suggest if you don't get a good answer before tomorrow, give support a call.