Gcode script to check bed level

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
airscapes

Gcode script to check bed level

Post by airscapes » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:25 pm

I would like to write a short script that can be run to position the extruder at different location on the bed.
I have made an adapter that attaches in place of the hot end and will hold a dial indicator. Last time i use this I manually move it around the bed taking measurements. I would like to have 12 or 16 locations in the script with a pause between each that would then move on to the next on when something is triggered.. (Using Octoprint console)
I know I can go to the website with all the gcode on it and figure this out as I do need to learn more gcode but was hoping someone could provide that needed items for the pause and continue. I guess I could just set the pause to a number of ms long enough for me to read the dial.. probably a better options anyway.

Code would be something like
G28
G1 F1000 X100 Y125 Z0
pause code
continue ??
G1 F1000 X10 Y235 Z0
Pause code
Contiue
G1 F1000 X100 Y235 Z0
Pause code
Contiue
G1 F1000 X190 Y235 Z0

etc etc

airscapes

Re: Gcode script to check bed level

Post by airscapes » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:54 am

Never mind.. I figured it out.. For the next newbie who want to level his bed or fix a bowed gantry

I have attached the DI mount SLT and the gcode to move it around the bed. The plunger spring in the DI must be removed to allow gravity only pressure on the plunger or it will actually mover the bed under the spring pressure.

Gcode should be really be called measuring.gcode as it does not level anything ;-)

This the DI I puchased https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U6 ... UTF8&psc=1
Just remove the back and the spring so the pin drops on the bed with gravity only
20190321_195026.jpg
Attachments
M2 DI Mount shorter.stl
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 388 times
leveling.gcode
(1.17 KiB) Downloaded 463 times

ae0mt

Re: Gcode script to check bed level

Post by ae0mt » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:22 pm

Sorry to dig up an old post, but I wondered if you guys have made any progress on getting a BLTouch to work with your M2's.

I have an older M2 that I am using at work that I recently updated with the V4 and Rev F/G cooling upgrade kit, and I have been doing a bunch of fiddling with firmware. I am currently running vanilla Marlin 2.0.1, and all seems to be working well so far.
I have an Ender 3 Pro at home, and I can tell you that one of the things I miss the most is it's LCD!

I am running manual mesh bed leveling at the moment, but I would really like to mount a BLTouch to this unit.

Thanks for your help guys.

jferguson

Re: Gcode script to check bed level-bltouch?

Post by jferguson » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:12 pm

I apologize that this isn't the answer you seek, but if you search bltouch on this website you will find enough guidance which in combination should be enough to get the job done. I bought the bltouch, assembled and tried to reconcile everything my search produced, and got as far as trying to deal with the revisions to the firmware required. There is the issue of upgrading the existing Marlin (firmware which runs the M2) to a newer rev, as well as modifying it to make the bltouch work, and then zeroing the bltouch.

I've got 10 years of Arduino experience, so the method didn't worry me. What did was the modifications. I may have been confused by what I read, but the descriptions of what worked were different for different people.

I made the extruder bracket with the tab for the bltouch from one of the files available from PETG. It looks good mechanically.

But I chickened out on the code revisions. After all, once I level my setup, it stays leveled for a very long time. I use the Kapton tape and glass plate provided by MakerGear and Elmer's stick glue. I only print PETG on this machine and although I've occasionally had problems, it works and works.

So I concluded that I'd leave it alone. Maybe someday....