rattling problem in extruder motor

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
sonra

rattling problem in extruder motor

Post by sonra » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:48 am

Hi guys ,
lately a got a strange rattling noise when i print .I thought that this is a motor problem so I order a new one . Installed it but the problem remains
I try to dismount the drive gear but the problem is still .Any idea ??
I attach a link to video

https://youtu.be/bW_r-4NdVXE

Regards Doron

ednisley

Re: rattling problem in extruder motor

Post by ednisley » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:03 pm

sonra wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:48 am
Any idea ??
It looks as though the rotor isn't turning at all, but simply rattling back and forth. If it's actually turning and the video shows a strobe effect, then what I say doesn't apply.

The simplest cause is trying to run the motor too fast, causing it to stall instead. The speed setting comes from either the slicer's G-Code (during normal printing) or manual controls (extruding with S3D / LCD panel / Octoprint). Even if you're certain you haven't changed any of those speeds, check again; it's easy to inadvertently wreck a numeric field while trying to type elsewhere.

If there's a broken conductor in the motor cable, then one winding isn't working. Turn off the power, disconnect the cable, and measure the end-to-end resistance of the four wires while wiggling-and-jiggling along the cable. You may want to pull the wires out of the loom just to be sure.

Worst case: if you've ever unplugged the motor with the power on, even once, then the driver chip on the RAMBo board is likely dead. A broken cable can also kill the driver, because it intermittently disconnects the motor with the power on.

Good hunting …

sonra

Re: rattling problem in extruder motor

Post by sonra » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:18 pm

Hi
This was a problem in cable . i fixed it ,now print OK
Thanks for help
Doron