M2 Printer not extruding properly

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
logic

M2 Printer not extruding properly

Post by logic » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:03 pm

Hi,

I was leveling the bed yesterday on my makergear M2, and I almost had it right but I can never seem to get the bed to perfectly level out as one side of he bed would always be slightly off from the other and I've come to accept that I just can't perfectly level it.

Anyway while leveling the bed, I followed some instructions online to remove the filament from the extruder and heat both extruder and bed before attempting to level and then do a test print afterwards. The printer has always worked but yesterday, my printer started having problems. I was watching the machine print and noticed that no filament was coming out of the nozzle even though there was a good amount of space between the nozzle and glass bed. Has anyone had this issue before?

airscapes

Re: M2 Printer not extruding properly

Post by airscapes » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:14 pm

First thing that comes to mind is extruder drive tension or crossed filament on the spool. Any number of Setting in the slicer could be messed up.. for instance.. typing 90 rather than .90 in the retraction field can cause some really weird extrusion (did that more than once)..