Can anyone identify this problem?

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
badpixel

Can anyone identify this problem?

Post by badpixel » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:18 am

Have had my m2 for several years now. Thing is a champ but ever since I've replaced the nozzle and hotend with stainless (v3?) Last year, I've been really struggling to get the quality I was seeing before the upgrade.

Anything circular is a mess and lately, I've been seeing this artifacting when printing a raft (attached). Wondering if anyone has come across this and/or if anyone has any general tips post-upgrade.

ednisley

Re: Can anyone identify this problem?

Post by ednisley » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:23 pm

badpixel wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:18 am
struggling to get the quality I was seeing before
If you're using a stainless nozzle, then you're likely printing hard-to-use plastics: make sure the basics are correct before doing anything else.

Reset the initial Z offset to "pretty close", calibrate the Extrusion Mulitplier, then fine-tune the Z offset and align the platform. When you can print calibration squares exactly to spec across the platform, then tinker with other settings.

Alas, the images sit on a protected Google Drive and nobody else (well, at least not me) can see them.

sthone

Re: Can anyone identify this problem?

Post by sthone » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:54 pm

You will probably have to print at a higher temp with the SS nozzle over the stock brass one too... that might be some of your problem. If you are not printing some hard to print or abrasive plastic... just stick to the brass nozzle.