Petg extruding problems

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
airscapes

Re: Petg extruding problems

Post by airscapes » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:50 pm

If you installed a new nozzle you don't have crap stuck in the nozzle..the machine works and then stops. suggest something electrical to me.

ringrosa

Post by ringrosa » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:29 am

Cleaned it out with esun cleaning filament. Feeder the petg in everything looks food started the same print tweets one setting and started it 1st layer good 2nd layer bam stopes I watched it the whole time temp stayed at 250 the whole time. 2nd layer has a decent amount of retractions might change the speed of my retracts see if that helps. Loosened the screw that controlls how tight the extruder gear grips the filament I here it when it couldn’t push any more filament down weird. If it fails going to go back to pla and see what happens

sthone

Post by sthone » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:51 pm

So the whole blow torch method I’ve never tried kinda confused about. Do I just heat the shit out of it and call it good with the blow torch? Was going to go back to play and see if I have the same problem
Basically yeah... you take the nozzle off and just heat it up to burn out any crap that is inside. If your using a new nozzle and it's doing the same thing it's probably a different issue though. Maybe try increasing the extruder tension screw a bit... the bite marks on your filament look a little weak but it's a little hard to tell from that picture.

Gwhite

Post by Gwhite » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:37 pm

I know you've used PETG a lot in the past without problem, but I'd try slowing down. The extrusion rate may be sucking too much heat out of the nozzle, causing it to jam up. They may have changed the filament formula a bit, or this batch is wonky.