four point upgrade

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
Robert76

four point upgrade

Post by Robert76 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:50 pm

I have been having so much trouble leveling the bed and setting the starting z height that I finally decided to spring for the upgrade. This is my second and last try at communicating via this forum. None of the above boxes work for me. I cannot increase font size, add a picture, etc. And the last time I submitted this it just disappeared.
So, Now that I am into the process, I have encountered a snag. When i removed the heater plate, it appeared to have a manufacturing defect. There is a 6 x 3 inch bubble in the middle of the heating plate between the plate and he silicone heat pad. This is somewhat discouraging as I have been generally impressed with Makergear manufacturing quality and this does not fit that image. Has anybody had this problem? If so, what can be done about it. The pad is at least 1/16 to 1/8 inch from the plate in the bubbled area. I can't believe that is good as it is roughly in the center of the plate. I have thought of injecting adhesive and placing a weight to glue it down, however I am sure that the reason this is so far out is because of contamination of the plate during the initial build and am not sure the adhesive would stick. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions.