Bed Not Heating M2 Rev. E

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
bratan

Re: Bed Not Heating M2 Rev. E

Post by bratan » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:23 pm

KaiborgStudios wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:49 am
For anyone who stumbles on this thread in the future, replacing the MOSFET was cheap and easy and worked great, $0.92 vs $170 new RAMBo.

Mouser part: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/ne ... cycode=USD
Would you mind sharing how did you remove mosfet? I just tried it with hot air stations for like 15 minutes and temps up to 300C and it won't budge :(

bratan

Post by bratan » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:41 am

Update: Got it removed and replaced. Just needed more temperature and some solder probably helped... Working now! :) Thanks a lot for part number!

jferguson

Post by jferguson » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:44 pm

I, too, seem to have found the problem with my bed not heating on start-up. I replaced both the bed and the Rambo assuming that the problem was one or the other and I didn't want to dice around with the time it would take to discover which. Problem returned. either with the LCD using the prepare pre-heat control, or starting an Octoprint, the bed wouldn't heat.

I assumed that there might be a problem with the power supply, but after extensive testing concluded that it was ok.

Then i found that if I homed the bed before toggling bed-heat, it always worked.

I suppose i could change the firmware so it always homes the bed before starting heat.

It's too bad this wasn't documented anywhere I could find.