Did I botch something and if so how bad?

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
rocketship69

Did I botch something and if so how bad?

Post by rocketship69 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:22 am

They all. Today my boss told me over a slack chat that he wanted me to extrude about 100 mm of filament from one of our M2s then restart a print. I’d m fix that. Then I had to start another printer on a different printer. This one was just broken and apparently fixed. I’ve never used a 3D printer prior. So I saw 3 different place to press extrude. There’s the place where can set it (simplify3D): in the main print windows where you can turn it on and ‘set it’ at the bottom there a knob that said extrude. And below below the extrude command button in the log ares. (To me after least. That’s where I recognized it. Is it possible that since I turned on the one you can ‘set’ and tried to make it. I set it to 240. Then knob said 100%?~ didn’t change that. But I did notice that the one in the log or Jog area that it was set to 240. Please don’t tell me it let’s you go over a certain threshold. Because it went up to 240 then slowly went. Down to 25 and stayed there. Anyone have any idea?

rocketship69

Re: Did I botch something and if so how bad?

Post by rocketship69 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:35 am

This thing on? If someone that’s ever used this printer could just chime in on whether you can turn the heat to a level that will break the machine, I very pretty thankful if this is new thread to you and tell you to skip rocks if you’re reading it for the second time, know the answer, and sickly want to see what some else that knows the answer has said. 2 person- you’re a sick puppy

type yes for:
‘Yes you are fired. That’s a super expensive mistake.’

Or ‘no’ for:
‘No. You can’t set the temperature to one that will break you machine. Why would the let you do that? You think they are trying to start a fire in idiot like your’s apartment while they sleep?!? Because those prints take forever and are often left on overnight.’

jk42

Post by jk42 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:30 pm

Hello,
My name is Jason and I work for MakerGear in support.
I would love to help you feel confident in the operation of the printer. It can be a little confusing if you're new to it.
Please contact me or any of our support techs at support@makergear.com
You can also call us at 216-508-4025 (9AM - 4PM EST).
Either way will get you a quick response and we'll help solve the issue.
~Jason from MakerGear

jk42

Post by jk42 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:30 pm

Hello,
My name is Jason and I work for MakerGear in support.
I would love to help you feel confident in the operation of the printer. It can be a little confusing if you're new to it.
Please contact me or any of our support techs at support@makergear.com
You can also call us at 216-508-4025 (9AM - 4PM EST).
Either way will get you a quick response and we'll help solve the issue.
~Jason from MakerGear

sthone

Post by sthone » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:23 am

Untitled-1.jpg
The Red circle is where you set the temp. and the blue circle is where you would extrude 100mm of filament once the temp is anywhere above 170.