M2 Purchasing Itinerary

Need some assistance getting started...post here...
sprior

Re: M2 Purchasing Itinerary

Post by sprior » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:04 am

I bought a cooler sized plastic container from The Container Store - one that is watertight and gasketed, cost around $20. When I first got it and had maybe 3 rolls of filament I wondered if I had gone overboard. Now it's full and there's still more filament out there to buy. I bought a 4 pound tub of Damp Rid ($10) and stuck it in the container. I also bought a 10 pack of ShieldPro Humidity Indicator Cards ($10) and stuck one in the container and it shows very low humidity.

Bluesoulx12

Post by Bluesoulx12 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:49 pm

Hey all,
I was looking at what I need for ABS printing specifically. I've seen one enclosure on youtube for an M2. I am not exactly sure what the issues of it are. I understand that the cooling is an issue so the enclosure would fix that, but most likely cause overheat issues. I am looking for some kind of solution to all of this.

jsc

Post by jsc » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:41 pm

I've seen three DIY enclosures done. One is Project Box, on youtube. One is Tony's laser cut acrylic rework of the entire printer. It's been a while since we've heard from Tony about that, so I don't know what the current status is, but it is very involved and requires new linear rails, etc. Finally, there is Dusty's Ikea hack, from this thread: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/makerge ... NN30rI0-IJ