Printing from SD card

Need some assistance getting started...post here...
jimc

Re: Printing from SD card

Post by jimc » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:53 pm

machine control panel in s3d click "print from sd card"

jdacal

Re: Printing from SD card

Post by jdacal » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:06 pm

bhootve wrote:I just got the M2 3D printer. Can someone walk me thru how to print via sd card. On simplify 3D, have option to print via USB which is what I typically use. The other option is to save template to SD card, which is a gcode file that I have already saved to the 3D card. Now how do I print from the SD card only thru Simplify 3D.

Thx 4 help
Hi bhootve,

These are the instructions from Simplify site:
"The MakerGear M2 is also equipped with an SD card reader and we would strongly suggest copying your large G-Code files directly to the SD card. Simply unplug the card and insert it into your computer to copy the files. The Marlin firmware requires the use of the 8.3 naming convention, so the filenames on the SD card can only have up to 8 uppercase characters for the filename and up to 3 uppercase characters for the file extension. For example, “3D_Knot_for_M2.gcode” would need to be renamed to something like “M2KNOT.G” when placed on the SD card. Once you have plugged the card back into your M2, you can use the “Print from SD Card” button in the Machine Control Panel to begin the print. This is particularly useful for large parts so that you do not need to have your computer attached and awake for the entire print. It also offers a much lower latency that USB serial protocols which allows for better print quality."
You'll find the machine control panel under the "Tools" menu in Simplify 3D. Once the print starts you can just unplug the USB cord. If I recall you don't hit the disconnect button prior to doing that or it stops the print. I only did it once that way.

Here's the link to the instructions in case you don't have: http://www.simplify3d.com/support/hardw ... makergear/

Hope this helps.

Jesus Dacal
jdacal

live print feed: http://enctrading.com/printcam/
See me Crash and Burn in Real time!