Setting the First Layer Width to Match the Other Layers

Need some assistance getting started...post here...
jsc

Re: Setting the First Layer Width to Match the Other Layers

Post by jsc » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:22 am

That g-code z-offset hint is so useful. I had known about it previously, but for some reason I had never bothered to use it, preferring to dial everything in manually. Well, when you're off by 0.05mm, that's not so easy. Just measure, subtract, plop in the number, and the calibration cube is as perfect as it's ever going to be. Thanks, Jules.

Jules

Post by Jules » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:03 pm

Chuckle! Yeah, i have more than a little trouble with adjustments that small too. :D

psd

Re: Calibrating the Z-Offset

Post by psd » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:29 pm

Jules wrote:
In the G-Code section of the printing parameters in S3D, there is a Z-Offset slot. After I print the first calibration square, I measure the height with calipers, subtract it from 2.0 mm and then enter that number into the Z-Offset slot for that spool. (If the square is not tall enough, you'd enter a positive number, if it's too tall, you'd add a negative adjustment.) A positive number moves the bed farther away from the starting point for the first layer, so that the thread gets laid down evenly instead of getting squished out. A negative Z-Offset adjustment number brings the bed in closer before printing, so that the thread can stick to the plate.
Jules,
I can't find the Z-Offset slot in the G-Code section of S3D,
is it still there? if so can you please send a screen shot?

thanks
Peter
- peter,

innovative product designer and tinkerer

www.petersolomondesign.com

Jules

Post by Jules » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:20 pm

Z_offset.jpg