Printing from SD card.

Need some assistance getting started...post here...
JeremyV

Printing from SD card.

Post by JeremyV » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:02 pm

Just got my printer on Saturday and have been printing from s3d but I am at a trade show and can't leave my computer connected the whole time so need to figure out how to print from SD card. I figured you used the save to SD card button the went in and printed it just the the sample files however I notice my file is different then the saved samples so I need to know how to get the correct files onto the SD card?
I tried searching this and read the s3d tutorial but didn't find the answer yet and am hoping to get this running asap.
Thanks for your help
Jeremy

Jules

Re: Printing from SD card.

Post by Jules » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:03 pm

There are certain naming conventions that you have to follow when you create the file on the SD card - it's been a while, but I think:

Only 8 letters/numbers in the file name
No spaces
end the file with .g

Save the sliced file to the SD card using Simplify3d. Connect the computer to the printer, pull up the files on the SD card from inside Simplify3d, choose the one that you want to print, and then, once it has started printing, you can disconnect the USB cable from the printer.

:D

JeremyV

Post by JeremyV » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:24 pm

Thanks so much I'm off and printing again!
I had to change the last part to .g Everything else I had done for the file name the first time but guess I missed that part.

You guys are awesome

Jules

Post by Jules » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:35 pm

:D