Rev. E - starting height still too high after Quick Start

Need some assistance getting started...post here...
tofu702

Re: Rev. E - starting height still too high after Quick Sta

Post by tofu702 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:55 pm

I sent support a note and included a link to this as well as description of the issues.

Jules

Post by Jules » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:29 am

Great! i haven't seen what you're describing, but they will no doubt recognize it. :)

Hugs

Post by Hugs » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:31 am

From my mental re-play, there were two things I could think of:
  • First was a PEBCAK + UI issue: With the initial rev of the quick start app, when presented with the "Save Starting Height" button, the "Next" button was enabled at the same time so I could basically skip saving the height. It wasn't clear that I *had* to save the starting height at that point. I figured that the starting height was saved already.
  • Second was something I can't prove/disprove: Even after clicking "Save Starting Height", the value ultimately *wasn't* written to the RAMBo.
Either way, I've had no issues with the latest version of the app and I've learned my lesson with the "Save" button

/shrug

tofu702

Post by tofu702 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:03 am

Update: I was able to get this addressed by setting the Z-Height with Josh's Z-Adjust Tool <viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3072&hilit=Josh&start=220>. I'm certain that I was clicking "Save Starting Height" in the Quickstart tool when I was having trouble with it earlier.

Support also suggested using the gcode command "G1 Z0 F1200" to move the Z-axis to the top most position to test calibration.