Filament snapped in drive while loading

Need some assistance getting started...post here...
no3dprintexperience

Filament snapped in drive while loading

Post by no3dprintexperience » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:35 pm

I just received my M2 today. I read all the instructions and was walking through the Quick Start processes, when I got to the filament loading stage. I placed the filament in the hole, pressed "extrude 50mm" and it very subtly started to move. After nothing more happened, I pressed "extrude 50mm" again and this time nothing happened, so I fed the filament down, but it snapped off right at the opening of the drive. I tried to pull the broken piece back out with tweezers, but there isn't enough to grab (or it's stuck too far down to move). There could literally only be 1-2 cm of filament in there, it never came out of the drive or even approached the nozzle. Is there any way for me to get the broken piece out so I can start to try loading again?

insta

Re: Filament snapped in drive while loading

Post by insta » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:50 pm

Nope, it's ruined, sell the printer :lol:

Remove the filament drive. It's held on by three bolts (one also holds the fans). Poke the filament out of the top. When you go to feed filament in again, make sure the tensioner is loose, and cut the filament on an angle so it guides itself in.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

jprochnow

Re: Filament snapped in drive while loading

Post by jprochnow » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:47 am

I'll buy it lol. Easy fix. 3 screws. 1 for the fan assembly and 2 for the extruder. You may need to cut the zip tie that is holding the hotend wires from the side of the extruder.
Attachments
20160323_184659.jpg