I dont have blue painter tape

Need some assistance getting started...post here...
Tim

Re: I dont have blue painter tape

Post by Tim » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:38 am

wisdomknight wrote:any certain kind of hairspray?
I use Suave Max Hold in a pump spray bottle---a bit more directed than an aerosol spray can, doesn't get all in the air. And "unscented" is a must. There does seem to be some difference between "normal" hairsprays and those labeled "max/maximum/ultra/super", but I don't think there's much difference between brands.

They all wash off easily with hot water and a bit of scrubbing. Don't apply the hairspray while the glass is on the printer unless you want to gunk up all the moving parts of the printer. The pump spray bottle can be used, very carefully, to touch up a spot that isn't sticking well, while the glass is on the printer, but it's not something I do often.

Elmer's purple glue stick is apparently also very good, and easy to apply in situ, so in some ways it may be better than hairspray.

Whenever I go to Maker Faires and STEM events and such, I'm always surprised to see so many people still using blue painter's tape. I've always considered it a huge hassle. There are so many better alternatives.