script to turn off fans?

Need some assistance getting started...post here...
psd

script to turn off fans?

Post by psd » Tue May 03, 2016 2:49 pm

Hello,
If I leave my printer going overnight I come back with my Hotend fan on, is there a script to turn it off after print is done? I don't want to run the fan to the ground with long hours of continual usage when not needed.
thanks

btw Insta gave me this advice previously:
I generally put a filament retract in my ending GCode so it pulls 10mm of plastic out of the hotend. It's pretty straightforward, and lets you keep the plastic loaded while still allowing for you to manually tug it from the cold extruder later (since it's not cemented into the hotend).

CODE: SELECT ALL
G92 E0
G1 E-10 F3000

In Simplify3D where would I add this script and any to shut off fans? Would I go to FFF settings and to Scripts and just add it to the end of the script that is there?

thanks!
- peter,

innovative product designer and tinkerer

www.petersolomondesign.com

Jules

Re: script to turn off fans?

Post by Jules » Tue May 03, 2016 3:02 pm

With the new firmware for the Rev. E machines, the extruder fan stays on automatically while the nozzle is hot, and turns itself off when the nozzle cools.

The code to kill the bed fan is this, add it to the end:

M106 S0 ; stop bed fan

psd

Re: script to turn off fans?

Post by psd » Tue May 03, 2016 3:59 pm

Jules wrote:With the new firmware for the Rev. E machines, the extruder fan stays on automatically while the nozzle is hot, and turns itself off when the nozzle cools.

The code to kill the bed fan is this, add it to the end:

M106 S0 ; stop bed fan

thanks Jules, maybe it was the bed fan that was on, thought it was the extruder fan......
Ill try that code thanks!
- peter,

innovative product designer and tinkerer

www.petersolomondesign.com