Rev. E strange behaviour with Quick Start

Need some assistance getting started...post here...
boep777

Rev. E strange behaviour with Quick Start

Post by boep777 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:26 pm

Hi All, strange thing is going on. I placed new bed and run the quick start up. Went into height/leveling part. Clicked reset.
Bed zeroed at the bottom then run up and rammed into nozzle. I thought ok mic6 is too thick and removed it and tried again - the same result bed runs through the top. Ok I tried to follow the procedure and zero-height seemed adjusted and saved however any attempt to print leads to ramming of the bed into the nozzle.Any clue ?

Jules

Re: Rev. E strange behaviour with Quick Start

Post by Jules » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:28 pm

Put a Mic6 on it?

Raise the V4 nozzle in the seat by a millimeter or two, then use the Z-Adjust App to set the gap. (The initial start point in the QS app is too high for a thick plate like a MIC6 - smashes into it every time.) You don't need to re-level, just reset that gap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3666

boep777

Post by boep777 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:34 pm

Ok, the problem solved. what apparently happen: the wrong number was written to zero position offset WAY above printer top. The printer, trying to reach this number, would ram into the top. However software does not know that this happen and let you work with adjustment setting around this value which is totally wrong.

To fix this I run the software, suffered the ram and then 'leveled' platform at half way. This reset the zero value closer to realistic value and allow on the next round to calibrate printer fine.

A stone into the garden of MG programmers - you know the size of your printer - do not let printer to travel in BY DEFAULT more than that. For those who run into the problem like mine a manual mode of bringing the bed up before calibration would be helpful.

3dPrintingMD

Post by 3dPrintingMD » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:44 pm

In the terminal, enter in M503, it will then tell you what your Z Height is.

Write this down. You don't want to ram the bed with the nozzle.

You can at any point in time, change the Z using the command:

M206 ZX.XX

Then if you wish to save that setting:

M500 ZX.XX
M2 - V4, MIC-6 Build Plate, Astrosyn Damper's(X/Y), Rev. E, Geeetech LCD

S3D - FFF Settings https://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2367
Print Quality Troubleshooting https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... eshooting/