Is my nozzle partially clogged?

Need some assistance getting started...post here...
darkstarone

Re: Is my nozzle partially clogged?

Post by darkstarone » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:19 pm

I will do some more testing in the increments also on my end to verify at 0.02 like you said.

Jules

Post by Jules » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:59 pm

darkstarone wrote:So let's assume for a moment this has been fixed. I adjust my z-offset to get a nice perfect layer for my PETG material. My height now measures less than perfect, do we just live with that difference and call it within tolerance?
We're squirting liquid plastic here, and being off by -0.02 mm is not measurable to the naked eye, and does not affect fit. In your particular case, you can set for a more accurate height, and put up with threads that turn into black blobs, or you can raise the nozzle a little, eliminate the blobs, and accept that the part is going to be 0.02 mm off...size-wise.

People with the older version of the machines HAD to adjust using Z-Offsets (or the G-Codes), because their machines could not be set with as much accuracy as the QuickStart Application gives the Rev.E users. You do not have to use it....you are going to get a good print (your last print was good) without using any kind of offset. But you can fine-tune it just a bit to get a better print, or eliminate a problem (the blobs) and that is what you are doing now.

PETG is always a booger to get dialed in. There's a rather lengthy write-up on printing PETG pinned in the Filaments forum if you haven't seen it yet. All these problems are discussed.

And when you switch to printing a different filament....all of this will change. Quite a learning curve, isn't it? :lol: Just take it one filament at a time.

darkstarone

Post by darkstarone » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:52 pm

I also noticed that running my temps at about 235C after about layer 3 seems to virtually eliminate the burning, if they do get stuck on the nozzle and fall down they are still pretty much white.

I have also noticed that keeping outline underspeed, and infill underspeed, and all those settings one consistent speed seem to keep a more consistent flow of filament, producting little to no globbing on the nozzle.

It's been fun. Time to try my wood filament now :D