PLA Prints not sticking to bed, the PLA is blobing out.

Need some assistance getting started...post here...
Nofear202

PLA Prints not sticking to bed, the PLA is blobing out.

Post by Nofear202 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:33 pm

The prints are not sticking to the plate. I'm using the V4 dual extruders but I'm only using the left extruder. I have it on left extruder only in the settings. I'm printing on bare glass with elmers glues on it. The heat settings are bed: 60 and nozzle: 225. So what am I doing wrong to get this?
This also happens when I use kapton tape.

Thanks
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Jules

Re: PLA Prints not sticking to bed, the PLA is blobing out.

Post by Jules » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:53 am

Extruder temp is too high for PLA - lower it to about 210°.

And it looks like your nozzle is either too close, or too far away from the plate - it's hard to tell with that picture. Those threads are either squashed flat and squeezing out the sides because there is no place for them to go, or the print is warping up and the filament is hitting on one of the nozzles. (Which means it's not set correctly.)

Read the Beginner's Guide here if you haven't done so:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3542

You're probably going to need to reset the Starting Height if you are using a Rev. E machine. Just use the Z-Adjust program here, and then adjust the height of the second nozzle according to the instructions in that Beginner's Guide.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3666

Also, make sure that you clean any drips of filament off the tip of the inactive nozzle - that can stick out far enough to knock into the print that the other nozzle is working on.

Nofear202

Post by Nofear202 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:07 am

The right extruder, extruder 1 doesn't hit the model or stick to it. But it does stick to extruder 0 when going back over the print that sticking up from the plate.

How do I know if it's a rev E. machine?

Also does makergear have updates for the M2 printer? I've had mine for 2 years and haven't updated it since except simplify3D.

Thanks

Nofear202

Post by Nofear202 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:56 am

Ok it's not a Rev E. Machine.