wiring up Rambo board tgo fans

Need some assistance getting started...post here...
9alfred99

wiring up Rambo board tgo fans

Post by 9alfred99 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:13 pm

I have acquired a used Makergear M2 with the Rambo 1.3L controller board. the wiring is in bad shape, nothing is bundled.
I have got all the steppers, extruder heater, thermistor, and limit switches working.
Now, I have a question about fans. The two mounted on the extruder and one, well not wired at all. The part cooler fan has no connector.
I wired the extruder fan to MOSFET output FAN 0.
As a test I ran it without filament, don't have any yet, the extruder heated up, but the fan did not turn on, should it?
Also, wiring up the part cooler fan. Does it go to Fan 2? I have also read that the part cooler fan is in series with a
second fan used as a Rambo board cooler.

Also, this one of the first M2's that shipped around three to four years ago.

Remember, I am a newbie.

tj

insta

Re: wiring up Rambo board tgo fans

Post by insta » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:58 pm

Yuck, poor abused M2. Glad you're saving it.

The extruder-cooler fan (NOT the part cooler) is connected to FAN1 in series with a second 12v fan mounted on the electronics board.

If you have a new enough RAMBo to have the FAN2 header, I'd suggest you swap everything out for 24v fans, run FAN0 as the part cooler, FAN1 as the extruder cooler, and FAN2 as the electronics cooler. Poke around in configuration_adv.h on your firmware and you'll find that you can trigger these fans under different conditions -- the extruder cooler can come on when the hotend is above 50C (to cool the drive gear) and the electronics fan can come on when the motors move.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org