New to Makergear

Need some assistance getting started...post here...
Robez0Rama

New to Makergear

Post by Robez0Rama » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:46 pm

So I'm a student doing research for my university, I started out on a MakerBot, which was terrible, and then a Makergear M2 was donated to me to use. Now I'm not familiar with this since on the printer I was using their website had free software for printing on the machine. My question is what program do I use to print my parts that I have already designed and if anyone knows where I can download a user manual so I can get the dimensions of build plate and other specifications? Thank you in advance.

Jules

Re: New to Makergear

Post by Jules » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:48 am

The bad news is....you have a lot of options.

The free software that a few of the folks here use is Slic3r with a Repetier interface.

The most popular software to use with it is Simplify3D.

Learn to use the free option, and there are fewer folks to answer questions. Go for the paid software and it'll cost ya.

There are several versions of the M2 floating around - the first thing you need to do is determine which one you have there.

Read through the description on the first page of the top Beginner's Guide below, to see which one you have, then read the correct Beginner's Guide for whichever machine you have:

Beginner's Guide for Rev.E version machines: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3542

That should get you started. The User's Manual is located on the Makergear.com web page.

Beginner's Guide for earlier models: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3342

Robez0Rama

Re: New to Makergear

Post by Robez0Rama » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:05 am

Awesome thank you. This gives me a good starting point.