M3 Wi-Fi Connection Problem

Need some assistance getting started...post here...
Larry

Re: M3 Wi-Fi Connection Problem

Post by Larry » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:21 pm

Your comments prompt me to add my .02c as I've just had my first 'close encounter' (and certainly not a favorable one) with Edge over the past 24-48 hours. I feel your pain.

I had dusted off a few previous projects where IE was the only browser supported for configuration and interface. Not paying close attention, I just hit the big 'ol E on my new Win 10 laptop to get going again. Short story is that nothing worked correctly with Edge (if it worked at all) .. this after a couple hours trying everything I could think of. Switched back to IE .. all was well once again.

Happy to hear that you got going, and thanks for sharing your experience with the Pi vs. Edge .. another confirmation to steer clear for the time being.

- Larry

TappedOut

Post by TappedOut » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:25 pm

I used Chrome and Rasberry IP address from the get go and never had a problem with my M3.
Chrome on my Android Tablet and Phone works well too.
I just set a Tab in Chrome on my Desktop computer for quick access, and a shortcut on my Tablet.

I did not have much luck with the Octiprint App on my Tablet, but Chrome works well enough.

Larry

GBuchwitz

Post by GBuchwitz » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:46 am

Update: Problem solved!

MakerGear Tech Support suggested that I reinstall Bonjour and then immediately restart my PC. This - along with their earlier recommendation to adopti Chrome (vs. Edge) as my browser when using OctoPrint have combined to resolve my M3 Wi-Fi connection problem. The link is now fast and reliable. It's so great to have this wireless connection working as advertised! I hope these two fixes help any others who may be experiencing similar communication difficulties with their M3.

Many thanks to MakerGear and to this community for your help.

V/r, - guy