M2 Questions

Need some assistance getting started...post here...
ringrosa

M2 Questions

Post by ringrosa » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Purchased a Makergear M2 about 2 weeks ago from a guy locally got it for steal $400. So I got it home and did all the calibration that I found here on this fourm. I threw away all of the filament the guy gave me as it was dirty as hell. bought some new Hatchbox Black PLA and have got it printing but the quality of the prints aren't great I must say. If the object im printing is flat not the tall it prints great but if I do taller objects prints just dont turn out as good as my other 3D printer CR-10S. IM sure its a setting issue but have come here for help. im using Simplicity 3d with a custom profile I got off thinkiverse. The printer has the V3B hot end is it worth it to upgrade it to the V4.
Last edited by ringrosa on Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

insta

Re: M2 Questions

Post by insta » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:23 pm

Can you spend like 2 minutes cleaning up your post -- things like punctuation, line breaks, etc. If you're asking for help, it makes it much easier for people to actually help you.

Also, do what you can to show the bad prints.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

jk42

Post by jk42 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:13 pm

I would make sure that your bed is level as possible. The taller your print is, the more crucial bed level is.
~Jason from MakerGear

ringrosa

Post by ringrosa » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:12 pm

Have leveled bed and it's good. Really just want some S3D PLA Profiles to see if some of my settings are off. also is the V4 EXTRUDER upgrade worth while or does that just get me to a higher temp?

insta

Post by insta » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:56 am

Post pics of your prints.

Plus, the default S3D profiles are pretty solid. Use those to start with.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

ringrosa

Post by ringrosa » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:06 pm

So my wife purchased the V4 upgrade along with the metal motor mount for Christmas. got installed did all the calibrations. The extrusion calibration went great look really good. Did a small test print so see how it prints, printed a small cover for my other 3D printer. Turned out good except there are blobs from what looks like the corners and in some random places too. I was going to post pic of the 3D print with blobs and my settings in S3D. Im sure its a setting thing just need to tweek a few things im sure just not sure which ones. I havent figured out how to attach the pic not sure if I have permission to post I guess