PrusaSlicer 2.0 settings

Have questions or comments about Simplify3D, Slic3r, Cura, Reptier, etc? Or wondering about which CAD software to use...discuss it here...
misquamacus

PrusaSlicer 2.0 settings

Post by misquamacus » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:31 pm

Hi all,

I love the printer, but not Simplify3D, so here are presets for using PrusaSlicer 2.0

PrusaSlicer is here under DRIVERS & APPS, and my settings file is here. Just install PrusaSlicer, goto Import Config, and select my settings file.

easy peasy :D

beanlee

Re: PrusaSlicer 2.0 settings

Post by beanlee » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:56 pm

Misquamacus, you are the man!

I used your profile and the print quality is much better than S3d. However, the dual setting always shows up a G-code error. Could you please suggest how to fix it? Thanks!

Bioluminous

Post by Bioluminous » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:25 am

@misquamacus it looks like this was the only post you made but I was wondering if you ever found a solution for the issue @beanlee raised regarding the G-code error when selecting dual settings. PrusaSlicer indicates an error with the tool change G-code script and I can't seem to figure out the problem yet. Was this a working profile on PrusaSlicer?

That being said, I find that coming from PrusaSlicer and trying to work with dual extruders in Simplify3D has me pulling out my hair. PrusaSlicer seems so much easier to work with multiple extruders - if I can just figure out how to translate the S3D scripts over to PrusaSlicer I'd be super-happy.

Has anyone else been successful with using the M3-ID on PrusaSlicer? Anyone keen on sharing their working profiles here?

jk42

Post by jk42 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:47 pm

Bioluminous,

What exactly is the issue you're having with dual extruders in S3D?
~Jason from MakerGear

Bioluminous

Post by Bioluminous » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:38 pm

@jk42

I have had sporadic instances with multiple extruder prints sliced using either the stock M3-ID profile that comes with S3D in addition to the profiles you provide on your GitHub repository where the tool fails to heat, tries to prime and is stopped by the cold extrusion warning. Additionally, I have had a few times where the inactive tool fails to park and the other tool rams into the other tool with the print failing due to missed steps. I have not been able to reliably replicate the issues.

Within S3D, I have problems with how the application handles dual extrusion. For example, if you try to import a model that has multiple parts, S3D is unable to split the parts so that you can assign the parts to different extruders. S3D requires you import models as separate files. Also, if you want to make multiples of a group, S3D fails to align them properly after duplication. For example, if you import your SKB logo and SKB lid example files into S3D and then make duplicates of them, the dual extrusion wizard is not able to figure out how to align these models. So apart from making duplicates in the modeling application itself, I can't see any way to do this without having to manually align the models in S3D.

In contrast, PrusaSlicer handles this with ease. You can import single models that have multiple parts, assign different extruders to the parts, then do anything you want to the model such as duplicate, scale, etc. and all the parts stay aligned.