S3D disconnect cancels print

Have questions or comments about Simplify3D, Slic3r, Cura, Reptier, etc? Or wondering about which CAD software to use...discuss it here...
Steve T

S3D disconnect cancels print

Post by Steve T » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:25 pm

In version 2.1.2 after starting a print from SD card through the control panel, then clicking the "Disconnect" button in the control panel my M2 just stops in its tracks. This didn't happen in the previous version. I can remove the usb from my Vista OS on laptop without the printer quitting but then my computer ramps up its CPU and I have to close the program. Anyone else experience this or am I the only lucky one? Thanks!

Dale Reed

Re: S3D disconnect cancels print

Post by Dale Reed » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:57 am

Steve,

My M2 has ALWAYS done a reset on a controlled USB disconnect --- either the disconnect button in S3D, or using the "safely remove" item in the system tray, or doing a controlled shutdown of the PC. Only way I've been able to keep a print running from SD card is to yank the USB cable.

I think it's a RAMBo firmware thing (but I must admit that I haven't looked through the firmware source in detail to find out why). The USB disconnect sequence apparently triggers a soft reset of the board on mine -- the printer stops, the fans stop, sound just like it does if I press the reset button or cycle power.

Dale

jimc

Post by jimc » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:24 am

x2, this has always been the case. as soon as you start your sd print you pull the usb cable. any other way kills the job. been like this as long as i can remember.

Steve T

Post by Steve T » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:31 pm

Thanks for your help guys. Guess I'll have to do it like everyone else and pull the cable out, it works. Good enough for me!