Simplify 3D feature request!

Have questions or comments about Simplify3D, Slic3r, Cura, Reptier, etc? Or wondering about which CAD software to use...discuss it here...
JohnnyRobot

Simplify 3D feature request!

Post by JohnnyRobot » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:07 am

Hey all,

I've been working with simplify 3D for awhile now and I would like to formally submit a feature request.

My professional field is in industrial robotics. One of the issues we find in robotics, is the robot's ability to interpolate small circles. Due to this issue, we've created a robot software option called "Small Circle Accuracy".

It would be great if simplify 3D could identify small circles in the G-Code and adjust print speed to accommodate.

I was trying to print a ball bearing assembly (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:13910) and my results were poor to say the least. I couldn't help but think "If only it would slow down on the small circles..."

So here is my feature request. Small Circle Accuracy. When a small circle is detected, decrease the speed. In robotics we use 3X diameter (10mm = 30mm sec.) perhaps it can be adjustable in S3D. "Print circles less than Xmm diameter at Y*Diameter speed"

Just saying. It would help me out... Anyone else?
╒═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╕
-- Hi! No signature here.
╘═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╛

jsc

Re: Simplify 3D feature request!

Post by jsc » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:33 am

You really should use the forums on Simplify3D's website for feature requests. Although many of us use it, MakerGear isn't affiliated with them.

insta

Re: Simplify 3D feature request!

Post by insta » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:20 am

JohnnyRobot wrote:Hey all,

I've been working with simplify 3D for awhile now and I would like to formally submit a feature request.

My professional field is in industrial robotics. One of the issues we find in robotics, is the robot's ability to interpolate small circles. Due to this issue, we've created a robot software option called "Small Circle Accuracy".

It would be great if simplify 3D could identify small circles in the G-Code and adjust print speed to accommodate.

I was trying to print a ball bearing assembly (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:13910) and my results were poor to say the least. I couldn't help but think "If only it would slow down on the small circles..."

So here is my feature request. Small Circle Accuracy. When a small circle is detected, decrease the speed. In robotics we use 3X diameter (10mm = 30mm sec.) perhaps it can be adjustable in S3D. "Print circles less than Xmm diameter at Y*Diameter speed"

Just saying. It would help me out... Anyone else?
For what it's worth, slic3r has this exact setting.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org