M2 NinjaFlex Simplify3D Profile

Have questions or comments about Simplify3D, Slic3r, Cura, Reptier, etc? Or wondering about which CAD software to use...discuss it here...
Bluesoulx12

M2 NinjaFlex Simplify3D Profile

Post by Bluesoulx12 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:41 am

UPDATE (05.12.15): In this thread and through some tweaking we have collectively put together a profile. So far it has only been tested out on the V3b hot end. Please reply if you try it on another hot end so I may update this for the community.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9rxe4hbr7yss ... MLNia?dl=0

Does anyone have a NinjaFlex profile for Simplify3d? I am running the v3b and wanted to get a profile instead of messing my machine up attempting something that may or may not work.

Thanks in advanced,
Chris Nieves
Last edited by Bluesoulx12 on Wed May 13, 2015 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

jimc

Re: M2 NinjaFlex Simplify3D Profile

Post by jimc » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:16 am

i have printed a boat load of ninjaflex as of late. i have an e3d though so all my settings dont really apply. settings are basically simple though. you not going to use any retraction, coasting or anything else to control ooze. unfortunately you just have to let it fly. retraction just stretches the filament back like a rubber band basically doing nothing then when it pushed the filament back down it will push too fast and just crumble. so turn all that stuff off. for the v3b set your temp to 245-250 and you print speed to 20mm/sec and let her rip. if it jams up your extruder then drop it to 15mm/sec. one thing to note. be sure you use a clean and empty hot end. if you had plastic in it then the ninjaflex wont have enough force to push plastic through the nozzle. once you do clean it out though and get a steady stream you'll be good.

Bluesoulx12

Post by Bluesoulx12 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:44 pm

Jimc,
how would you recommend cleaning the v3b hot end so that the Ninjaflex has no problems pushing right on through?

Also as for bed prep can I just use the Elmer glue prep that I have been doing and have massive success with?

jimc

Post by jimc » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:03 am

i get the ninjaflex all loaded until it just starts pushing on the plastic in the hot end. in s3d i turn the extruder jog speed to 100mm/min then i hit the 1mm extruder jog then let it sit 10 sec or so then i hit it again. slowly pushing 1mm at a time until all the plastic comes out and i get a steady stream of rubber. once i got the extruder flowing good with nothing but ninjaflex in it i keep that hot end just for the ninjaflex. it easier to just swap hot ends.

Bluesoulx12

Post by Bluesoulx12 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:09 am

Should I just order an e3d instead? I don't want to clog my only nozzle. It'd been perfect for the last 5 months.Also I would like to start printing in poly carbonates and carbon fiber varieties as well as super high strength filaments. So it would be a good investment if the v3b can't do it.

insta

Post by insta » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:23 am

Bluesoulx12 wrote:Should I just order an e3d instead? I don't want to clog my only nozzle. It'd been perfect for the last 5 months.Also I would like to start printing in poly carbonates and carbon fiber varieties as well as super high strength filaments. So it would be a good investment if the v3b can't do it.
This comes up a lot ... NinjaFlex works fine in the V3b and V4 nozzles. Get some eSUN cleaner filament, use that to purge the NinjaFlex (and others before using NinjaFlex).

NinjaFlex will stick fantastically to gluesticked / hairsprayed bed. Do NOT use Kapton tape, it will not come off.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

Bluesoulx12

Post by Bluesoulx12 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:29 am

I know this is off topic, but can the v3b print the carbon fiber filament by chance ? Like I said I would like to experiment with different filaments. I know your the authority on that though.

jimc

Post by jimc » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:30 am

well the ninjaflex wont clog you hot end. its just that regular plastics take more force to extrude than the ninjaflex can push so you need to do it very slowly. i have not used the v3b with ninjaflex. the e3d is a nice hot end and well worth the cost to upgrade. if you plan on printing alot of ninjaflex or swapping back and forth then i highly recommend you switch over to that or the v4. once you switch you wont be using the v3b. you will need to change the thermistor table in the firmware to set it for the e3d. in a perfect world you would want a pair of e3dv6's or dual v4 setup where you can dedicate one to plastic and one to rubber.
Last edited by jimc on Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluesoulx12

Post by Bluesoulx12 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:42 am

V4 is the same as e3d? Pardon my limited knowledge.

benavery

Post by benavery » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:45 am

No, V4 is the very latest (preorders for them were sent out ~1 week ago) hotend design from Makergear.
e3d is a third-party hotend design that people have retrofitted onto their M2's

They are both very good (the v3b is fine too, the V4 is just the 'new shiny' for many of us - there are other threads about the V4 around on this forum)